PRP Hair Restoration San Francisco
For the restoration or prevention of hair loss and thinning, consider Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. PRP therapy is a non-surgical, time-efficient, and discreet treatment that is receiving a lot of praise for it’s preliminary clinical results. Book now for a complimentary consultation to learn more!
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet-Rich Plasma is the result of centrifuging (separating) blood to remove the red blood cells. What’s left, is a high concentrate of hundreds of naturally-occurring assorted proteins including growth factors, stem cells, and other cytokines. These growth factors are essential for overall cell health and function, including signaling cells to regenerate and repair tissues. PRP has the potential to repair and regenerate damaged cells to restore and maintain hair growth for stronger, thicker, and healthier hair.
PRP Therapy in Conjunction with Other Modalities
Platelet-Rich Plasma has long been used in the medical fields of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, dentistry, and sports medicine. Though it is not an FDA-approved therapy for hair loss yet, there are extensive studies pending that leverage PRP as a non-surgical option for hair restoration.
ASK THE DOCTOR A QUESTION about your unique circumstances and whether PRP may be right for you.
Each treatment begins with a complimentary consultation with one of our trained medical providers. After creating a customized treatment and you are deemed a good candidate the procedure will be scheduled. Some blood tests may be recommended prior to treatment to ensure good candidacy.
Day of Treatment
- First, your blood will be drawn and placed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge spins the blood separating the bloods different components by their densities allowing the PRP to be collected.
- Numbing cream will be applied to the area(s) being treated (since pain is quite minimal, some patients opt out of numbing).
- Once the numbing cream has taken affect, the PRP concentrate is drawn and injections begin. This takes an average of 5-10 minutes.
- After the area(s) have been treated, you’re done!
- Minimal side effects include tenderness and a “tight” feeling. These symptoms usually resolve within 24-48 hours. Most patients are able to return to normal day activities immediately post treatment. Patients should avoid exercise the first 24 hours, limit sun exposure for 48 hours, and hair color the first 72 hours post-treatment. Avoid anti-inflammatory medications (Advil, Motrin, Iburprofen, etc.) for 3-7 days post procedure.
- Non-invasive, surgery-free option to promote hair restoration and prevent hair loss/ thinning
- Safe with minimal side effect; no downtime and able to return to most daily activities post-treatment
- Quick treatment; in-and-out in 30 minutes
For optimal results, the recommended protocol is 4 initial treatments spaced 1 month apart with a maintenance treatment every 4 months (this is an on-going procedure, we think of it as the “Botox” for hair). Injections are $700 per session, for a year worth of treatments (7 sessions) it is $4,900.