Micro-needling SAN FRANCISCO
For those looking to improve the appearance of their skin, micro-needling is a safe, effective, and non-invasive treatment to restore and revitalize! Minimize the appearance of scaring, fine lines and wrinkles while boosting collagen production and cell regeneration.
What Is Micro-needling?
At Pacific Plastic Surgery Group in San Francisco, we use the Eclipse Micropen Elite, it is the most advanced, medical-grade micro-needling device on the market. Based on the science of epidermal collagen induction therapy, micro-needling uses very small needles to create micro-injuries to the skin. These micro-injuries induce a wound-healing response which stimulates fibroblast production in the dermal layer (boosting collagen and elastin). This induced wound-healing process is our body’s own natural cell regeneration in acceleration. With the Eclipse Micropen we’re able to create hundreds of micro-channels for optimal penetration of high-concentrate actives, like Collagen Concentrate, Hyaluronic Acid, and Platelet-Rich Plasma. Micro-needling is a great natural alternative to lasers and chemical peels with less downtime and discomfort.
Each treatment begins with a complimentary consultation with one of our trained medical providers. After creating a customized treatment and you are deemed a good candidate the procedure will begin.
- Numbing cream will be applied to the area(s) being treated, this is for optimal comfort.
- Once the numbing cream has taken affect, the Eclipse Micro-pen micro-needling begins w/ a tailored ampoule depending on your skin’s needs. The Eclipse Micropen has a sterile applicator tip containing 12 points that are gently pressed against the skin and glided in one direction.
- After the area(s) have been treated, a nourishing cream and SPF are applied.
- Minimal side effects include redness and possible tenderness. These symptoms duration varies depending on the settings used and the number of passes you received. Symptoms usually resolve within 2-4 days, some in as quickly as 24 hours. Patients are advised to use adequate sun protection.
Micro-needling w/ PRP $795
(package pricing is available)
Patients notice an immediate GLOW after treatment. On-going, visible results are seen over the following weeks up-to-6 months after treatment(s). This is due to the cell regeneration and repair that happens over time. Depending on your skin conditions and goals, a series or combination of therapies may be recommended. Series are customized to your specific goals but most series consist of 3-6 treatments every 6-8 weeks apart. For more stubborn concerns like stretch marks, advanced sun damage, hyperpigmentation, or deep wrinkles and acne scarring a provider may recommend 6-8 sessions.
Micro-needling Vs. Dermal Rollers
We did our homework before investing in our micro-needling device and training. Here are some of the reasons why we choose micro-needling over medical-grade derma-roller devices;
- Adjustable depth of needle: Derma-rollers have a fixed depth, micro-needling offers an adjustable depth which is necessary to customize treatment for the various concerns of the skin (scarring is deeper than fine lines and wrinkles).
- Sterile, single-use tips: The Eclipse Micropen has sterile, single-use, surgical-grade tips offering the highest level of safety. Many derma-roller or derma-needling devices must be sterilized by the practice after each use, increasing the possibility of contamination.
- Penetration of the needle: With derma-rollers, the needle enters the skin at an angle, this increases the possibility of creating tears in the skin (not the beneficial micro-channels) which can lead to scarring. The Eclipse Micropen penetrates the skin vertically, creating accurately-sized micro-injuries.
- Better results. With Eclipse’s safety and control features, we’re able to create predictable and consistent results.