A long-lasting, safe, and effective treatment to smooth and refine the skin’s overall texture.
CO2 Fractional Laser is an ideal option for those looking to greatly minimize the appearance of acne scarring, sun damage, enlarged pores, or fine lines and wrinkles. Book a consultation to see if CO2 is right for you.
What Is CO2 Laser?
CO2 Fractionated Laser is a non-invasive, no-downtime resurfacing treatment that is suitable for most skin types. CO2 Fractional Laser uses specific wavelengths of light energy to remove undesirable or damaged cells. When the damaged cells absorb these wavelengths, the cells are heated, damaged, and eliminated while the surrounding skin is left unaffected. The removal of the damaged cells allows for new cells to come forward and stimulation of collagen is induced.
Treatment, Frequency and Cost
At Pacific Plastic Surgery Group each CO2 treatment begins with an in-depth assessment that takes into consideration multiple factors including your skin’s health and goals. The area being treated will be properly cleansed and a topical anesthetic is then be applied. After the anesthetic has taken affect the treatment begins. It takes anywhere from 10-45 minutes depending on the area(s) being treated. There is no downtime after treatment. Mild side effects are redness and sensitivity to sun exposure. Sun protection is a MUST to protect your new skin. Application of a broad spectrum SPF30 with reapplication when outside. We recommend limited sun exposure post treatment.
Each treatment and series is customized for the patient’s needs and are spaced 4 weeks apart unless specified by your treatment plan.
While a difference is seen after just 1 treatment, for scarring 3-5 sessions of CO2 is typical to reach an optimal result.
Common combination therapies include:
- IPL Photo Facials: For acne scarring with pigment, sun damage, skin texture and tone.
- Cortisone Injection: For raised scars.
- Chemical Peels: Refining skin texture, fine lines, uneven skin tone and texture, scarring, clearing pore congestion.
- Microdermabrasion: Refining skin texture, minimizing pore size, deep exfoliation, clearing congestion.
- LED Light Therapy: Blue destroys acne-causing P. acnes bacteria, Red and Near Infrared help to temporarily reduce inflammation, pain, accelerate healing, stimulate collagen and elastin production, help skin retain moisture.