Many people have said it themselves, “My hair is thinning and I’ve got to do something about it”. In fact, approximately 50 million men and about 30 million women in the US alone suffer from male/female pattern baldness or thinning hair (AAD) and are looking for a hair loss solution to help gain their confidence back.
You deserve to love your hair line and the good news is, with NeoGraft’s minimally invasive hair transplant technique, results couldn’t look more natural. Here are the top 5 reasons why people choose the NeoGraft procedure to fight hair loss:
- It’s a minimally invasive procedure for hair restoration (no stitches or staples)
- There is little-to-no discomfort (no scalpel involved)
- The recovery time is quick (patients resume normal activity after only a few days)
- The hair line is natural-looking (no linear scar)
- Financing programs are available (many physicians have options to meet their patients’ hair transplant budgets)
About Female Hair Loss
Hair loss is not solely a man’s domain.
Many women experience hair loss, which can a very emotional experience. For many women, it can be shocking, embarrassing and distressing. The emotional strain of hair loss can lead to anxiety and unhealthy feelings about oneself.
Female hair loss is actually a natural and normal phenomenon. Women may notice thinning hair or hair loss in their 50s or 60s, but hair loss in women can happen earlier in life. The most common type of hair loss in women is female pattern baldness.
According to the American Association of Dermatologist (AAD) hair loss for women is common.
The facts are:
- 30 million American women are affected by hereditary hair loss
- Women actually make up forty percent of American hair loss sufferers.
- In quality-of-life studies, women experiencing hair loss reported a higher incidence of behavior that interfered with their daily lives — including a significant loss of self-esteem, being introverted, feeling less attractive and tense feelings in public places.
- The average person, female or male, loses 50 to 100 hairs per day
The fact is, women no longer have to suffer in silence from hair loss. With NeoGraft, women can get their own natural hair back!
Here’s why NeoGraft is a smart hair restoration solution for women:
- Superior Results: Natural looking results allowing hair to be worn short or long
- Advanced Technology: Automated Technology, least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Gentle: Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision. No staples. No linear scar.
- Quick Recovery Time: minimal down time, many patients return to normal daily activities after only a few days.
- Effective: In time, your own hair will continue to grow normally and your result will look healthy and natural.
- Affordable: Many physicians have financing programs available to meet your budget.
About Male Hair Loss
Hair grows about an inch every couple of months. Each hair grows for 2 to 6 years, remains at that length for a short period, then falls out. A new hair soon begins growing in its place. At any one time, about 85% of the hair on your head is in the growing phase and 15% is not.
Each hair sits in a cavity in the skin called a follicle. Baldness in men occurs when the follicle shrinks over time, resulting in shorter and finer hair. The end result is a very small follicle with no hair inside. Ordinarily, hair should grow back. However, in men who are balding, the follicle fails to grow a new hair. Why this occurs is not well understood, but it is related to your genes and male sex hormones. Even though the follicles are small, they remain alive, suggesting the possibility of new growth.
Classic male pattern baldness is usually diagnosed based on the appearance and pattern of the hair loss. Any atypical hair loss may be caused by other medical disorders.
A skin biopsy or other procedures may be needed to diagnose other disorders that cause loss of hair. By age 35, two-thirds of American men will have some degree of appreciable hair loss and by age 50 approximately 85% of men have significantly thinning hair.
About 25% of men who suffer from male pattern baldness begin the painful process before they reach 21.
Male pattern baldness does not indicate a medical disorder, but it may affect self-esteem or cause anxiety. The hair loss is usually permanent. Hair loss affects every aspect of their life. It affects interpersonal relationships as well as their professional life. It is not uncommon for men to change their career paths because of hair loss.
Hair analysis is not accurate for diagnosing nutritional or similar causes of hair loss. However, it may reveal substances such as arsenic or lead.
A Hair Replacement Solution Like No Other
NeoGraft’s minimally invasive hair transplant procedure is a much more desirable option for both men and women as opposed to traditional hair restoration methods. The NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplantation system is a leading edge technology for men and women looking to restore their hairline using the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method to gently remove the individual follicles from the back of the head (the “donor area”) in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs.
The follicles are then artistically implanted in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred to complement the facial structure and current hairline, resulting in a discrete, natural-looking hair transplant.
How NeoGraft Works
NeoGraft is a breakthrough for men and women who want to restore their own hair to achieve a more fuller, healthier head of hair. While advantages of NeoGraft are many, the process is simple and past patients have reported they were able to recreate a full and natural-looking hairline, using their own hair. Reducing recovery time without linear scarring allow you to enjoy your own hair. Naturally!
- Donor Hair Removal: The NeoGraft procedure begins with hair being removed from the donor area in the back of your head where your hair is genetically programmed to resist testosterone.
- Dissection of the Follicular Units: Each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length resulting in a dramatically increased take rate.
- Creation of the Recipient Sites: The hair transplant surgeon creates recipient sites in the proper angle, direction and orientation according to the artistic hair transplant plan he has designed specifically for you.
- Placement of the Hair Graft: The follicular units are then carefully separated by size. Grafts are transplanted into the balding and thinning areas of your scalp. Each graft is meticulously harvested as it naturally occurs and implanted individually to ensure the best results.
Take the next step
Schedule a Consultation with your local Certified NeoGraft Physician today to determine the cause of your hair loss and to get professional advice on your hair replacement options.
NeoGraft is a new automated hair transplant system which facilitates the harvesting of follicles during an Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant, dramatically improving the accuracy and speed over previously used manual extraction instruments.
Those with more donor hair, greater hair density and fullness can typically expect fuller results.
Patients who would like the option of wearing a very short haircut in the back or sides of their scalp, or those who want the least amount of activity restriction (e.g. athletes) after their hair transplant procedure, may be good candidates for FUE. The NeoGraft FUE System can also be used for ‘scar camouflage’ procedures for patients who have had prior linear harvests, as well as for body hair transplants.
Candidates for hair restoration surgery are those individuals in good health with moderate hair loss and sufficient donor hair on the back of the scalp to transplant into the balding areas. It is also important that you have reasonable cosmetic goals.
Hair transplantation can achieve very good, natural results but cannot restore your hair to the density you had as a teenager. Your doctor will assess the amount of coverage needed to give you the appearance you desire.
NeoGraft® uses controlled pneumatic pressure to slide out the graft smoothly, so there is no pulling or twisting that can risk damaging the graft. Your grafts can be re-implanted sooner, keeping them more robust and resulting in a natural looking hairline.
The science behind grafting is simple. Hair follicles are taken from the hair in the back of the head that naturally continues to grow. The follicles that hold your transplanted hair are living tissues that grow cyclically. Once the normal hair follicle has been implanted into the balding area, the grafted hair will stay in place for about two to three weeks before shedding – this is normal and an important part of the new growth process. After shedding, the new growth will begin in 3-4 months and your hair will continue to grow normally. More importantly, your results will look healthy and natural.
Hair loss does not stop after transplantation – some people will need continued maintenance and further sessions will likely be required, particularly if your balding pattern continues with age. Progressive hair loss or the desire for more density may require more transplants.
An estimate of balding pattern and the number of procedures needed will be discussed during the consultation with your doctor.
“F.U.E.” or “Follicular-Unit Extraction” is an advanced, minimally-invasive hair transplant method which allows for the harvesting of individual follicles from the donor area without a scalpel incision or the necessary stitches, and therefore leaves no linear scar.
The highly ergonomic mechanical NeoGraft system works as a natural extension of the surgeons’ hand, allowing for faster and more accurate harvesting of hair follicles. NeoGraft patients now reach their goal with less time in the procedure room or fewer FUE procedures altogether.
Yes. Because FUE/NeoGraft is a minimally-invasive procedure, it is a viable option for both men and women looking to restore their own living and growing hair with transplantation.
No, not if your wear your hair long. If your donor hair is long enough, harvesting using the FUE/NeoGraft can be done by shaving small areas which can be covered by your other, existing hair. If you wear your hair short, it helps to shave it close for maximum yield. It looks more natural sooner as the transplanted grafts are short as well.