For those looking to improve the appearance of their skin, micro-needling is a safe, effective, and non-invasive treatment to restore and revitalize!
Minimize the appearance of scaring, fine lines and wrinkles while boosting collagen production and cell regeneration using your own Autologous Conditioned Plasma. Autologous Conditioned Plasma is packed with hundreds of growth factors, somatic cells, and cytokines known to stimulate cell repair and regeneration.
Pairing this potent concentrate with our Eclipse Micro-pen creates a truly exceptional treatment. Autologous Conditioned Plasma can be performed on the face, as well as the rest of the body for skin rejuvenation.
At Pacific Plastic Surgery Group in San Francisco, we use the Eclipse Micropen Elite. It is the most advanced, medical-grade micro-needling device on the market.
What Is Micro-needling?
Based on the science of epidermal collagen induction therapy, micro-needling uses very small needles to create micro-injuries to the skin. These micro-injuries induce a wound-healing response, which stimulates fibroblast production in the dermal layer (boosting collagen and elastin).
This induced wound-healing process is our body’s own natural cell regeneration in acceleration.
With the Eclipse Micropen we’re able to create hundreds of micro-channels for optimal penetration of Autologous Conditioned Plasma. Micro-needling is a great natural alternative to lasers and chemical peels with less downtime and discomfort.
What Is Autologous Conditioned Plasma?
Autologous Conditioned Plasma is the result of centrifuging (separating) blood to remove the red blood cells. What is left is a high concentrate of hundreds of naturally-occurring proteins called growth factors, somatic cells, and other cytokines. These growth factors are essential for overall cell health and function, including signaling cells to regenerate and repair tissues. Pairing Autologous Conditioned Plasma with micro-needling has the potential to repair and regenerate damaged skin to restore and maintain a more radiant and youthful-looking you
Each treatment begins with a complimentary consultation with one of our trained medical providers. After creating a customized treatment and you are deemed a good candidate the procedure will begin.
- Numbing cream will be applied to the area(s) being treated, this is for optimal comfort.
- Once the numbing cream has taken effect, the Autologous Conditioned Plasma concentrate is applied to the skin and gently injected using our Eclipse Micro-pen micro-needling device.
- Minimal side effects include redness and possible tenderness. These symptoms duration varies depending on the settings used and the number of passes you received. Symptoms usually resolve within 2-4 days, some in as quickly as 24 hours. Patients are advised to use adequate sun protection.
Patients notice an immediate GLOW after treatment. On-going, visible results are seen over the following weeks up-to-6 months after treatment(s). This is due to the cell regeneration and repair that happens over time.
Depending on your skin conditions and goals, a series or combination of therapies may be recommended. Series are customized to your specific goals, but most series consist of 3-6 treatments every 6-8 weeks apart. For more stubborn concerns like stretch marks, advanced sun damage, hyperpigmentation, or deep wrinkles and acne scarring a provider may recommend 6-8 sessions.
- Reduce Acne Scarring & Minimize Pore Size: Refines skin texture and tone.
- Reduce Fine line and Wrinkles: Tightens and firms skin.
- Reduce Hyperpigmentation: Balance skin tone and reverse sun damage.
- Suitable For Most Skin Types: Non-invasive and no downtime.
Micro-needling Vs. Dermal Rollers
We did our homework before investing in our micro-needling device and training. Here are some of the reasons why we choose micro-needling over medical-grade derma-roller devices.
- Adjustable depth of needle: Derma-rollers have a fixed depth, micro-needling offers an adjustable depth which is necessary to customize treatment for the various concerns of the skin (scarring is deeper than fine lines and wrinkles).
- Sterile, single-use tips: The Eclipse Micropen has sterile, single-use, surgical-grade tips offering the highest level of safety. Many derma-roller or derma-needling devices must be sterilized by the practice after each use, increasing the possibility of contamination.
- Penetration of the needle: With derma-rollers, the needle enters the skin at an angle, this increases the possibility of creating tears in the skin (not the beneficial micro-channels) which can lead to scarring. The Eclipse Micropen penetrates the skin vertically, creating accurately-sized micro-injuries.
- Better results. With Eclipse’s safety and control features, we’re able to create predictable and consistent results.