Edward P. Miranda, MD, FACS
Skilled Plastic Surgeon In San Francisco
Edward P. Miranda, MD, FACS is a board certified plastic surgeon based in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Miranda is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a member of The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
As Pacific Plastic Surgery Group’s medical director, Dr. Miranda is our compassionate, intelligent, and principled leader. Dr. Miranda’s philosophy on aesthetic surgery is that natural, subtle changes reveal true beauty. Demonstrated throughout each patent’s interaction at Pacific Plastic Surgery Group, from beginning to end, he is involved and committed to creating a positive experience. Meeting with Dr. Miranda, he listen’s to your goals and incorporates your lifestyle and commitments. There’s a multitude of approaches to a better you and those are all explored while acknowledging the benefits, risks, recovery, and results of each potential treatment.
Named One of America’s Top Surgeons, Dr. Miranda is a nationally recognized cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon.
He is sought out by patients from every corner of the world for many procedures, most notably; breast augmentation, body contouring, and hair restoration. Respected within the medical community he is considered a specialist and surgeons refer for complex procedures, such as abdominal reconstruction and migraine surgery.
Dr. Miranda been featured in numerous media publications such as The New York Times Magazine, Stylelist.com, Star, and VioletFog.com. To view media featuring Dr. Miranda visit our Media and Articles page.
Dr. Miranda is Ivy League educated and attended Cornell University Medical College in New York, where he graduated with highest honors (Alpha Omega Alpha). Cornell University Medical College is located at The New York Hospital–the oldest and most prestigious hospital in New York. Dr. Miranda earned a BS degree with Honors in Biochemistry from Cornell University.
Dr. Miranda completed residency & fellowship training in plastic surgery at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF). He then was awarded a research fellowship to study breast and brain cancer at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY.
Dr. Miranda is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Currently he serves as a highly qualified San Francisco plastic surgeon for the Pacific Plastic Surgery Group providing exemplary cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to each of his clients.
Research and Scientific Interest
Dr. Miranda has received awards for innovation and research in surgery and is a published author. He regularly gives lectures at many major surgical meetings. He has written several chapters in major surgical textbooks that are used to train plastic surgeons, general surgeons, and pediatric surgeons around the world.
Scientific research related to Dr. Miranda’s experience has been published in medical literature.
In addition to his medical studies and plastic surgery training, Dr. Miranda has worked as a formulator for Estee Lauder Companies. At Estee Lauder, Dr. Miranda was trained in the design, production, and testing of high quality cosmetics and cosmeceuticals. He has used that knowledge to design components of high-tech, medical-grade skin care products. Dr. Miranda uses his expertise gained through his experience at Estee Lauder and through his plastic surgical training to create a custom skin treatment plan for each patient using his own Ravish by London Riley Skin Care line.
Awards and Affiliations
-  Top Doctors – Top physicians practicing in San Francisco and Marin counties who received multiple independent recommendations from their peers.
- America’s Top Surgeons – This honored distinction is a testimony to Dr. Miranda’s reputation, experience, extensive training, and the cutting edge plastic surgery services that our office provides.
- RealSelf Top Doctor – Status is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf doctor community. This status is earned by achieving high patient satisfaction, getting favorable feedback on their expert answers, and after investing significant time in Q&A and other doctor activity.
- Distinguished Doctor Designation© – From Noticed which is only conferred upon the Top 3% of physicians in the country.
- RealSelf “Most Loved Injector” – Top 10% of aesthetic injectors rated by RealSelf community (over 20,000 providers)
- Patient’s Choice Award – Patients’ Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Alpha Omega Alpha – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society member.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- National Abdominal Wall Reconstruction Board for LifeCell Corp.